Today I did a live broadcast on Periscope but I wanted my blog followers to have the same helpful tips to have a great night sleep.
We have all had those nights when we are just so tired but just can’t get to sleep. Two people mentioned to me today that their number one problem was getting to sleep. I felt the desire to share what works for me.
- Take good care of yourself during the day by eating right, exercising your body and drinking water.
- Journal out your thoughts. If you do not have time during the day, journal just before you go to sleep. Release all your emotions.
- Have an Epson salt bath with candles. Honor yourself.
- Stop all electronics 1 hour before you plan to go to sleep. How about turning them off when you have your spa-like bath.
- Have a set bedtime. Go to bed at 10:00 pm so you brain has time to recharge for the next day.
- Practice Deep Breathing
- Read for 10 minutes prior to going to sleep. May I suggest, “The Emotional Edge” by Crystal Andrus Morissette.
- Tell yourself something positive using all the letters of the alphabet. Starting with A. I am amazing, B. I am brilliant. C. I am creative, until you get to Z, I am zestful.
- Do relaxation exercises such at starting with your toes; tighten for 5 seconds and release. Work your way up to the top of your head.
- While in bed, try to do 3 things at once to quiet the chatter. Click you tongue, snap your fingers and tap your toes. Your brain will be so busy there will be no room for your endless thoughts.
A final way to get a good night’s sleep is to book a free 20 minute breakthrough session with me to uncover what is troubling you.