This week on periscope, I spoke about energy zappers. I realized I was using up my energy thinking about writing a blog about energy zappers. Every time we have a thought, it zaps a little bit of your energy. We repeat our thought over and over again in a day and the majority of thoughts we have one day, we have the next. Time to banish those energy zappers.
Here are 5 energy zappers I noticed this week alone.
- Email – Best tip I received this week was to get a separate account for all the newletters and sites that I subscribe to. Do not have that account directly linked to your phone or main account. Access the emails when you have time – not when the sender automatically sends them to you. Don’t you love the emails sent during the night, especially when your phone sends a little ding to announce them.
- Dead plants – I have to confess that I neglected to water my indoor plants enough last week. Each time I passed them, I would think, I will water them later. Oops, sorry plants. I thanked them for the time we had together brightening up my house and then discarded them. The empty spaced looked so much better. I promise I will care for the new sunflower I purchased yesterday.
- Facebook groups – I have met some amazing women lately and have joined their private facebook groups. Problem is, I forgot to turn off the notifications and my email was flooded with everyone’s posts and comments. I have now limited myself to my favorite 5 groups. The group app on my phone is great for quickly seeing what has been posted. Set up a specific time to check facebook and stick to that schedule. You can thank me later!
- Clothing – I realized I had not put my winter coats away from my hall closet. Summer was a long time coming, just when I was getting used to the warmth I would have to pull out my warmer clothing again. With the official first day of Summer, I put all the winter coats in storage. I even found a Spring coat I forgot I had.
- A Dirty House – I love my house but I have been spending a lot of time on my new coaching business. I would see the dust and think I will get to that later. Today, I gave my house a thorough cleaning and I feel so much lighter.
With my email cleaned up, my facebook groups organized, plants replaced, clothing in its proper place and my house sparkling, I am energized to begin my week!